On March 9, S.H.E. Counts, the Grinnell League of Women Voters, and the Claude W. & Dolly Ahrens Foundation will be hosting the fifth annual International Women’s Day at the Grinnell Mutual Bartelt Conference and Education Center! This year’s theme is Each for Equal because each one of us can help create a more equal world for each other.
At the event, we will be collecting donations of personal care items to send to Crisis Intervention Services (CIS) and Mid-Iowa Community Action. CIS helps people rebuild their lives in the aftermath of sexual assault, domestic violence, or other violent crimes. MICA helps low-income central Iowan families.
The event will begin at 5:15 p.m. in the and run until approximately 9 p.m.
- 5:15 p.m.: Social hour, free drinks, and silent auction in the lobby area
- 6 p.m.: Dinner buffet by Country Catering (vegetarian and gluten-free options available)
- 7 p.m.: “The Yellow Rose of Suffrage,” by Jane Cox, a one-woman play about Carrie Chapman Catt, the founder of the League of Women Voters and the trailblazer of the 19th Amendment.
- 8 p.m.: Dessert and coffee.
Tickets are $25 and will be available until March 2 or until sold out. Seating is limited to the first 250 people, so get yours today! Tickets are available here:
- Online at Eventbrite
- Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce
- Drake Community Library
Have questions? Ask Jane Casten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to see you all there!