Fifteen non-profits serving Grinnell to receive $130,000 from Grinnell United Way
“Grinnell United Way advances the common good in Grinnell through supporting programming that focuses on education, income, and health,” said board president Rachael Kinnick. “Our donors support partner agencies’ programming and improve lives of people in Grinnell by dealing with the underlying causes of problems.”
Every dollar given by Grinnell United Way supports $13 in programming by its partner agencies with budgets totaling $1.69 million.
“Health, education, and poverty impact our community,” said Kinnick. “As a board, we believe in the caring power of our community. We want to build on our base of partner agencies to do the work our generous donors support. We want to change lives in Grinnell.”
The following organizations, listed alphabetically, will receive funds from Grinnell United Way.
- American Red Cross
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Heart of Iowa
- Central Iowa Family Planning
- Crisis Intervention Services
- Galaxy, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa
- Grinnell Community Daycare & Preschool
- Grinnell Historical Museum
- Grinnell Ministerial Association Transient Fund
- Grinnell-Newburg School District, Davis Elementary School Fourth Grade Outdoor Education Camp
- Grinnell Recreation Department
- Iowa Legal Aid
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Poweshiek County Clover Kids
- Social Entrepreneurs of Grinnell
Because Grinnell United Way is managed by a volunteer board committed to advancing its mission, over 98% of all funds raised go directly to its partner agencies to use for services in Grinnell. Last year the Grinnell United Way granted $130,000 to 14 different local agencies which served 2,300 people in Grinnell.
For more information about Grinnell United Way or to make a donation, visit http://grinnellunitedway.org.
For more information, contact
Secretary, Grinnell United Way