The Chamber recognized businesses, organizations and individuals with awards in twelve categories:
- Business of the Year: McNally’s Super Valu
- Retail Business Award: Awards Unlimited
- Restaurant/Bar Award: Prairie Canary
- Service Business Award: The Door Doctor
- Outstanding Tourism Experience Award: Trans Iowa Bike Race
- Economic Impact Award: Brownells
- Community Betterment Award: Tiger Packs Program
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Cory Hall Photography
- Educator of the Year: April Gosselink, Davis Elementary, and Jon Andelson, Grinnell College
- Public Servant of the Year: Jim White, Bates Flowers & Greenhouse
One To Watch
- Deidre Freeman
- Joshua Coburn, Bright Futures
- Oakland Acres Golf Club
- Tara Parrott, Crisis Center & Women’s Shelter
- Tonya Gosselink, Gosselink’s Gifts & Interiors
- 20 Under 40
- Ashley Peppler, Charnetski, Olson & Lacina L.L.P.
- Cara Iverson, 1st Impressions
- Chris Willis, University of Iowa Community Credit Union
- Jill Whitham
- Joe Lacina, Grin City Collective
- Joey Pagliai, Pagliai’s Pizza
- Julie Hendricks, Dental Associates
- Kelly Guilbeau, Grinnell College
- Kerri Olson, Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Kory Kinnick, Rock Creek State Park
- Lucy Thoms, City of Grinnell
- Madison Peiffer, Studio 802
- Mae Turley, Grinnell College
- Nate Hall, Total Choice Shipping & Printing
- Nikki Harter, Genesis Development
- Razzy Ragusi, Wireless Zone – Verizon Wireless
- Rob Whitham, Brown’s Shoe Fit
- Sam Charnetski, Charnetski, Olson & Lacina L.L.P.
- Shane Gosselink, Ahrens Park
- Shane Hart, Ramsey-Weeks
GRINNELL AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Business of the Year
This business has demonstrated growth in its employment, production, and/or operations and has a substantial history of success. It has a positive social and/or economic impact on the Grinnell area. The recipient must have shown outstanding growth, significant achievements in innovation, and superior community involvement through the commitment of time and other resources.
Retail Business Award
This retail business demonstrates exemplary customer service and excellence in its industry. It has a history of success and contributes to the community through the commitment of time and other resources.
This restaurant or bar demonstrates exemplary customer service and excellence in its industry. It has a history of success and contributes to the community through the commitment of time and other resources.
Service Business Award
This service business, manufacturer or distributor demonstrates excellence in its industry by creating innovative programs and initiatives, which allow it to excel in customer service and support. It has a history of success and contributes to the community through the commitment of time and other resources.
Outstanding Tourism Experience Award
This award honors an attraction, event, business or organization that provides an exemplary experience to visitors and residents. The recipient provides excellent hospitality and ensures that attendees leave with a positive impression of the community.
Economic Impact Award
This business, organization, or individual has made a significant contribution to the economic vitality of the Grinnell area. The recipient has enhanced the community through job growth, expanding the tax base, building or renovating a structure, or by participating in other endeavors that benefit that community and its residents.
Community Betterment Award
This business, organization, or individual has contributed time, skills and resources to enhance the quality of life of the Grinnell community.
Entrepreneur of the Year
This individual demonstrates a high level of entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, perseverance, creativity, and determination. They must own a business or be a principal employee within a business.
Educator of the Year
This individual has made an outstanding contribution to the community through education. They inspire the love of learning in students of all backgrounds and play an active role in the community. Recipients must be educators or administrators in the Grinnell community.
Public Servant of the Year
An individual who holds public office or another public position that has tirelessly devoted their time, experience and efforts in order to promote and improve the quality of life in the community with no regard of personal gain.
One To Watch
This award recognizes individuals who have started businesses, expanded operations or done exemplary work as part of an organization. These individuals strive toward the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment, and serve as role models for others in the business community. They must live and/or work in the Grinnell area.
20 Under 40
This award recognizes twenty emerging leaders age 40 or younger. These individuals are recognized for their commitment to community, professional accomplishments and volunteerism. They serve as role models for other young professionals both personally and professionally. They must live and/or work in the Grinnell area.